Candle care and candle burning is a responsibility so please burn carefully! When burning your candles, always follow the basic rules of fire safety. Here are some tips below:
1. Always use extreme care when burning candles.
2. Always trim your wicks before each burn.
3. If the flame is too high on the first burn, blow it out, clip the wick and relight it.
4. Please keep your wicks trimmed and maintained to 1/8 - 1/4 in. Trim wicks and remove all wick debris before each burn.
5. Long or uncentered wicks can cause uneven burning and could possibly crack your vessel. So keep your wicks centered at all times.
6. Candle vessels will become HOT so please handle with care and place ALL candles on a heat resistant surface or heat safe plate.
Keep all candles out of the reach of children and pets. Do not place lit candles where they can be knocked over by children or pets.
It is very IMPORTANT to always leave a half inch of unburned wax at the bottom of each vessel to prevent cracking and debris from lighting.
Always burn candles away from drafts and air vents, which will help prevent rapid/uneven burning, flame flare ups and soot build up around the vessel.
NEVER, NEVER, NEVER leave candles burning unattended! Always keep a burning candle within sight. Extinguish all candles before leaving the candle area or going to sleep.
HOW CAN I GET A LONGER BURN TIME? Trim the wick! Trim the wick! Did I remember to say trim the wick!
HOW DO I REMOVE BLACK SOOT BUILD UP?
The soot build up can easily be removed with a damp paper towel or cloth.
MY CANDLE HAS BEEN BURNINGING FOR SEVERAL HOURS (ALL DAY) AND I SEE SMOKE COMING FROM THE WICK. WHAT IS THAT?
1. This means your candle has been burning for too long. You should extinguish the candle, allow it to cool, trim the wick and relight it (in that order).
2. Check to make sure your candle is not burning near a draft. Many different things can cause this, such as air conditioning, ceiling fans, windows and even doorways can create a draft and can cause your candle not to burn properly.
MY VESSEL IS TOO HOT TO TOUCH! WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?
The candle has been burning too long and needs to be extinguished. Let the candle cool, trim the wick and relight it.
Dacron Sticks are composed of synthetic fibers to absorb more fragrance
Hot Throw refers to how a candle smells while it’s lit and fills up the room with wonderful aromas
Notes describes the different fragrances used to make up a scent
Vessel is a candle jar or container